catsandflowers

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Colusa

cats&flowers

The ride to Colusa was interesting, flat land between the Sierra and the Coastal Ranges, totally different than what I am surrounded with here - Bay waters and hills. There are fields and nut orchards along the highway. It must be pretty in the spring.

Two San Pablo Recreation Department buses made the trip, loaded with seniors. As we got closer to Colusa, which is on the Sacramento River, a strange shaped mountain loomed nearby. From my vantage point, it seemed to be all rock, no vegetation. Perhaps that was because it is autumn. I must get closer to that place someday and check it out.

In the distance - snow capped mountains. There was snow in the Sierra over last weekend. I usually see the area surrounding Donner Pass. This, however, was further north, and one peak stood out as being particularly high. I think it was Mt. Lassen, at over 10,000 feet, but perhaps not. I'll have to check that out someday, also. At any rate, it was beautiful, on a perfect, sunny day.

Colusa is a small city with Victorians and other large houses. There is civic pride evident, and the ride through town always elicits oohs and aahs, at least from old people, or those who can not live in big, old houses. I think there are none right where I live. Remarks made : looks like the East Coast, or looks like the South.

Oh, well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home