catsandflowers

Monday, April 11, 2005

Can You Believe It?

A couple of weeks ago, I ordered new glasses, after an exam by my own doctor. The optometrist who was fitting me for the glasses told me “I’ll just put the new lenses in these frames.”

The receptionist informed him, “She can’t see without glasses.”

Upon asking him how long it would take, and being told that it would be three to four weeks, I insisted that I needed new frames. The present glasses were rather severely damaged when I fell on my face on the edge of a sidewalk while helping Chris and Becky move three years ago.

After I picked out what I wanted, he was measuring for the bifocal line, adjusting it upward so I wouldn’t have to tip my head back so far when looking at the computer monitor. It kills my neck and upper spine. His next remark was, “These are too big” and he dug around in a cupboard for a different pair. I didn’t really get a chance to look at them, and I have no idea what they look like on me. I am only hoping that he is an expert in his field, otherwise I am stuck with something I will hate. He did seem to know what he was doing in some ways, but his “bedside manner” left something to be desired, and I can’t imagine that he thought I could go without glasses for almost a month.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, April 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    After my accident I went to an eye doctor where it was found that the accident had altered my vision. Anyway, the guy was horrible, making comments about me having a lot of acne, etc.

     
  • At 12:44 PM, April 12, 2005, Blogger Rita Xavier said…

    Makes you wonder sometimes. Anyway, I still prefer ALL of the doctors at my clinic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home