catsandflowers

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Hordes

It’s pretty amazing! What do butterflies travel in? Hordes? Anyway, that’s what it seems like. They are flitting through this trailer park in large numbers today, large ones and small, of different types. Must be because it is spring. They seem as though they have a destination. They are generally flying from the west to the east, from the coast to the hills.

It has been quite a sight, for hours. I noticed them when I was chatting on the phone with a friend and happened to realize what I was seeing passing my windows. Some of them are very large. I guess you do not have to be out in the boonies to enjoy nature.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, April 06, 2005, Blogger Michael K. Willis said…

    We had lovely flocks(?) of butterflies all over San Diego last week...mostly "painted lady" butterflies on the journey up north from Mexico to points unknown. It was amazing.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, April 06, 2005, Blogger Rita Xavier said…

    Apparently the butterflies have continued on their journey, as I see none today. If my son had been here, he would have been able to tell me what they were.

     
  • At 9:57 PM, April 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember the time years ago when tens of thousands of monarch butterflies landed in Deleware Park covering the trees. I ran home to get you mom, remember that?

    By the way, I've seen Michael K. Willis' blog several times. Small world!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, April 09, 2005, Blogger Rita Xavier said…

    Yeah, I remember, Craig. It was quite a sight.

    Yes, it is a small world, and I am happy that Michael commented on this post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home