catsandflowers

Monday, June 13, 2005

Day 1 June 6



As it turned out, I had plenty of time for the blood test to check my Coumadin level, because the train didn't leave the station until an hour later than scheduled.

An Amtrak commuter train, which runs between Sacramento and San Jose, was broken down on the track outside the Emeryville station. The passengers were eventually transferred to another train, then our train was able to come in on the alternate track, but not on the track it would normally use. This caused quite a delay in departure time.

On top of all that, I was awake a lot of the night with a nice, new cold. I have felt like crap all day, and I hate getting close to people. I have been popping acetaminophen, which I am not supposed to do. When I first got on the train this morning, I fell asleep almost immediately, at the Moth Ball Fleet in Suisun Bay.

I have been lucky enough to obtain a room in a sleeper. I am actually in the crew (dorm) car. I had a room in the crew car on one of my trips last year. It is always so nice and comfy and peaceful. I think I need that right now.

I have been going crazy so I can get things done so I can go on this trip now. There is alway so much to do. Selling at Alameda yesterday meant getting up at 2:30 A.M., and that is very hard to do.

After a couple of naps, I felt almost ready to conquer the world again, so I ventured out to get a dinner reservation, and in the process I met several pleasant people in the lounge car. I shared the dinner table with an engaging couple from England. We had jolly great fun discussing a myriad of topics. It is always good hanging out with travelers from other parts of the world - gives one perspective. You kind of get a handle on life elsewhere that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home