catsandflowers

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Catching Up

I certainly have not contributed to the blog world lately. I spend so much time writing witty words to describe items I am listing on ebay, that my brain is totally fried by the time I think about doing anything on here. I have had ideas at times, but just didn’t get around to writing.

In January, my next door neighbors moved out. I really liked them, and I miss them. They are a young Mexican couple, and she was expecting a baby to be born shortly after they moved. They were very pleasant and friendly. She works at a restaurant where I eat Mexican food sometimes, and I always enjoyed going there when she was working. She told me she would bring the baby here so I can see her sometime.

Right after they moved out, neighbors from a few doors away came knocking on my door to tell me that they were going to be my new neighbors in the place the Mexican couple vacated. They are from the Fiji Islands – of Indian extraction. They are also very friendly people. The only problem is that they take care of people’s kids, so it can get rather noisy next door. At this point, they have already moved in.

My neighbor on the other side, Katy, suffered a mild stroke a couple of weeks ago. She is such an active woman, swimming and going to the gym everyday – going on cruises two or three times a year. She is definitely an older lady. I can not believe the stamina she usually has.

My grandchildren are doing marvelous things right now. I am very proud of all of them. Grace is going to Atlanta to sing at the end of the month. She is in a few groups. Allie just made Phi Beta Kappa. That is really great. I can’t wait to go to her graduation at Duke.

I should write everyday, and then I wouldn’t have to search for things to talk about. I am uptight right now, kind of at loose ends, because I have to go set up for a show tomorrow, and it will be a new deal to me. The promoter has combined the antique show with a doll show, and took my large space to give it to a doll dealer. I had a wonderful space, because it was large, and I could set up many tables, with room for customers to walk all the way around them. They were able to see in the cases very easily that way. Now I’ll have a tiny space that will be difficult for display, and it costs the same amount. I may never do this show again after this weekend. I have been doing the show four times a year for many years now. Nothing ever stays the same.

I feel very ready to retire. That is why I am really blowing out a good share of my signed jewelry on ebay. The prices on some items have been satisfactory, but many things have basically just been there as a way to get my money back that I spent in the first place.

Time to cook. The blueberry pie is out of the oven, so now I’ll think up the rest of the supper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home