catsandflowers

Friday, October 15, 2004

The Grief Goes On

cats&flowers

My internet buddy's daughter did not survive her injuries. I feel so sorry for him. I have kept track of the situation through the internet, on local TV and newspaper websites where she lived. She was a high school English teacher, a passenger in a vehicle, on her way to the school. The accident was caused by a woman in another car. I think about it a lot of the time, even though I never met her.

There is still smoke here, and it is very hard to breathe. There is another fire, in the mountains this time, and the smoke is in the Bay Area. The sky has a very strange color and feel. Yesterday, the atmosphere gave me a feeling of foreboding for a good share of the day. Last night, the sun was an amazing "shocking pink", as in Schiaparelli, unlike any sun I remember seeing for a long time. I am glad that I was able to witness the sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home