catsandflowers

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Sapphire

cats&flowers


He's a cat, but he thinks he is a dog. He follows me all over the house and constantly begs for attention.

Sapphire was the runt of the litter and had to be bottle fed when I rescued him from under my porch steps. He now weighs almost twenty pounds.

A Siamese-mix, he is an absolutely beautiful cat, very regal in appearance. Sapphire talks like a Siamese and is perpetually curious. Ever so clever, he tries to reach things on the kitchen counter; he gets in cupboards; tries to open doors; begs constantly for people food.

I named him Sapphire as a tiny kitten because of his gorgeous sapphire-blue eyes, and I thought the name sounded royal. He has always known his name and comes when called - this in a household of seven cats. He is the only cat that I can depend on to come when I want him to do something, or not do something - whatever the case. The others all know their names, but do not always come running when they are called.

He has a litter-mate, Silver, who has a completely different personality, although they are almost twins in appearance.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM, October 08, 2004, Blogger kitten said…

    Oh Rita, he sounds adorable!
    I ADORE siamese kitties, ans up until May of last year , I bred Himalayans. The are like siamese, only not quite as active, great lapcats.

    My husband came home with a new baby last thursday, a tiny orange female tabby...very cute. Said it FOLLOWED him home. Hmm..all the way from our shop, huh, 10 miles..up the highway!

    our big mainecoon, simba, is NOT amused , to say the least..he is an old man..very set in his ways!

    have a wonderful weekend!

    Kitten

     
  • At 5:03 PM, October 08, 2004, Blogger Rita Xavier said…

    Hi Kitten,

    Actually, I have a Himalayan, the Mama cat. The six other cats are her offspring, four of them Siamese-mix. I'll write about everyone at separate times. I wrote the blog about Sapphire in my creative writing class - we had to write about a favorite pet. Thanks for your comments.

    Rita

     

Post a Comment

<< Home