catsandflowers

Thursday, October 14, 2004

I've Arrived

cats&flowers

...maybe. Today was my second writing class, and toward the end of the class, a bit after I had read two entries aloud that I had prepared for today, my instructor invited me (only me) to join a writing group in El Sobrante that she has belonged to for 35 years. She likes my work, and thinks it would be good for me to be a member of the group.

We'll see how it works out. It is an evening class, and I am to the point where I never go out in the evening. If I go to a movie, it is in the daytime.

Anyway, it is nice to get my brain working. Makes me feel like it has been on vacation for years.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM, October 15, 2004, Blogger kitten said…

    Keep up the good work, Rita. I am thinking of taking a writting class as well. My spelling is horrible....and my blog is full of run-on sentences. But people tell me its has potential, so I keep doing it.

    I am trying to think of a name for a calbico kitten that "followed" my son home, any ideas? ( Patches is out of the question...I know 3 cats with that name!)

    kitten

     
  • At 2:57 PM, October 15, 2004, Blogger Rita Xavier said…

    Hi Kitten,

    Anything goes in a blog... incomplete sentences... thoughts in a couple of words... doesn't matter.

    I'll try to think of a kitty name. My friend has a multi-colored cat (tortoise) called Multi - pronounced with a long U, as in Moolti.

    Rita

     
  • At 5:05 PM, October 15, 2004, Blogger Rita Xavier said…

    How about Callie, or Kali.

     
  • At 6:08 PM, October 16, 2004, Blogger kitten said…

    Hi Rita..I like Kali with a k..its different.

    And sure beats Spongebob and Scooby which my sons have tossed around. Boys!

    thank you!

    Kitten

     

Post a Comment

<< Home