catsandflowers

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Raccoon Babies

cats&flowers

One evening I heard the sounds of something scratching its way up the lattice fence at the back of my "garden". I turned on the porch light and stepped out the sliding screen door, just in time to see two raccoon babies trying to climb over the fence. They were having a hard time, and when they went over the top, they were hanging from the back side looking at me with their sweet baby faces. A camera right then would have been good.

They had nowhere to go on the other side of the fence, as it is blocked, so they had to come back over on my side, then eventually scramble off into the night. They love digging in my flower pots.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:34 PM, October 06, 2004, Blogger kitten said…

    You have a charming blog. I too had a coon on my porch last nite..they are cute little bandits, but quite destructive.

    keep writting

    kitten

     
  • At 3:38 PM, October 06, 2004, Blogger Rita Xavier said…

    Thanks, Kitten - love your "name" of course. Raccoon faces, especially baby ones, are adorable, but I love my kitties better. One day I'll talk about them on here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home