catsandflowers

Monday, November 22, 2004

Trouble Writing

I haven't been able to write for the past few days because blogger wouldn't let me post. I had thoughts in mind, and now they are probably lost. Frustrating.

I was in the Sutter Creek area today. It is so pretty there in the fall. Actually, it is great in any season. The day started off really cold, for us, but improved as time wore on. Walking to the area where we catch the tour bus, it felt like winter in the Northeast. Luckily, we were offered a seat in someone's car - the bus was very late. It is mild tonight.

Yesterday, the San Pablo Lions Club served an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast at the Senior Center. Tickets were $5, and included a free ticket to the Thanksgiving dinner at the Civic Center on Wednesday. The dinner will be cooked by the Culinary Arts Dept at Contra Costa College. Last year, San Pablo city employees served the meal. We are even having entertainment - violin and cello, supposedly, but I don't know what type of music. I hope it is not old people's stuff. Classical would be good, but I doubt that will happen.

Contra Costa College has agreed to offer another semester of the writing (journalism) course that I have been taking this semester. You can't beat the price - $0. I have truly been enjoying the class, as has everyone else. It is fun to read our musings to each other. There is usually a lot of laughter, plus amazement at the things that people have done in their lives. One of the members is 86 and grew up in the mountains of Colorado. Her tales of her childhood are so colorful - definitely "back in the old days".

We have a man in the class who loves it as much as I do. Neither of us has missed a session. His writing is very "tongue-in-cheek", very clever, and is the stuff of newspaper columns. He does his writing assignments a few minutes before class starts and always manages to submit a wonderful, hilarious paper on the most mundane of subjects. He is an artist, also - actually made a living doing just that. Before lunch is served at the Senior Center, he spends a lot of his time drawing on his placemat. He wrote his "homework" on his placemat last week because he left his writing pad at home.

Hopefully I'll be able to write on here again before too long, if blogger will let me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home