catsandflowers

Friday, November 04, 2005

Eye Problems

I have been too busy doing ebay stuff to write much on here. I shouldn’t even be on the computer that much, as I have had a very serious eye problem since last week. I woke up Saturday A.M. with my eye full of blood, and I couldn’t see very well. Of course, I had read until 2:30 A.M., and had been seriously involved on the computer for several days.

My eye bothered me all day Saturday, then Sunday, at the flea market, it was rather driving me crazy. I wore my very dark prescription sunglasses all day, to keep the sun out of my eyes.

Monday, when I woke up, it was a lot worse, and my eye hurt a LOT. I had a horrible headache, so I decided to check into it. I tried to get an appointment with my eye doctor, who is a surgeon. He has been taking care of me for several years, as I have erosion of the corneas. I had just seen him October 11th. I couldn’t get an appointment until December, therefore I went to the ER at Martinez Hospital, as they have access to all of my medical records. That makes the process much less complicated.

The emergency room doctor told me the bleeding was not a problem, but I should see my eye doctor, so he got me an appointment with that doctor on Wednesday, but in Martinez, not Richmond, where I usually see him. The eye doctor is affiliated with the hospital. When I returned on Wednesday, Dr. McDonald agreed that the bleeding was not the real problem, but he didn’t realize that I had been having pain intermittently several times a week.

I have been using eye ointment, as per his advice, but apparently it is not enough to fully take care of the problem. He stated that he may have to scrape the eye again to get the cornea to heal itself. It is not a fun process – not painful at the time, but very painful when he puts in the contact that covers the whole eye and has to leave it there for days while the cornea is sealing itself. Plus, I have to have the drapes closed – I can’t deal with the light. I was totally sick the last time he did this.

Fun and games. I was wondering what it would be like not to be able to use the computer, read, or do all of the other things I do that require me to use my eyes, such as jewelry repair, photography, studying art, etc. and on and on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home