catsandflowers

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween a Bust

At first I bought what I thought was enough candy for the kids who would come to the house, based on the last couple of years. Then, I ate most of it. So --- I bought more candy, and started eating that. No willpower, that's me.

In the meantime, I had decided that what I REALLY wanted to give my kids (yes, they are my kids because I see them all of the time when they come to the door to get change for the laundromat for their mamas, since basically their mamas don't speak English), was a non-edible toy. I walked to Walgreen's and purchased a bag full of novelty plastic Halloween stuff, and even had fun picking it out.

So, you guessed it, no one came. At least, only five kids came, and I was trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the toys. Today, I started giving them to the kids when they came to the door for change, and they were quite excited about that. A bit later, a girl came to the door to tell me that a machine in the laundromat wasn't working and their mama wanted me to call the manager. Then she asked, "Do you have any candy?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home